Sigtunarännet has four different races: Full distance (50 km), Half distance (25 km), Ice CrossChallenge (from 12 years), The Treasure Hunt (up to 12 years). More information about each race can be found below the main menu above. The full distance race also includes a competition class where SEK 24,000 in prize money will be distributed among the participants.
All Swedish riders in the competition class will be automatically registered in the Swedish Marathon skating championships sanctioned by the Swedish Skating Federation in their age group. The Ice Cross Challenge will also have great prizes and all children participating in the Treasure Hunt will receive diplomas and “diamond”.
This is part of Sigtunarännet Full- and Half Distance (600 SEK).
- Participation in the race including damage insurance.
- A super light, foldable seating perfectly to have with it in the skate bag. Distributed at clinics and at startup. Limited number to the first 2,000 registered (value 190 KR)
- A cap adapted to wear under the helmet. Distributed at clinics and at startup. Limited number to first 2,000 registered (value 110 KR)
- Drink and energy intake at the race’s two skating stations.
In addition, the three Ice Clinics below are included (limited number of locations)
- Admission to clinic in “Ice Safety & Ice Assessment” on January 25 with ice expert Jonas Ettemo from Sjöräddningen. The opportunity to train to get out of a wake. (value 250 SEK)
- Admission to clinic in “Equipment and Material Care” on February 1 with a materials expert (value 250 SEK). We also raffan out professional grinding and browning of skates to 12 participants at this ice clinic. (value 350 KR)
- Admission to clinic in “Åkteknik” on February 8 with national team coach Mattias Hadder (value 250 SEK).
All enrollees in Sigtunarännet race class automatically participate in SM. It is possible for riders in the competition class to register only for the Swedish Championships and not participate in Sigtunarännet. Then you do not compete for the prize money in Sigtunarännet (24,000 SEK), hiking prizes, trophies, and you do not receive a cap or seating surface. It is also not possible to participate in our Ice Clinics.
To the notification
Sigtuna Stad is Sweden’s epicentre for long-distance skating located at Mälaren, only 11 km from Arlanda, 37 km from Stockholm and 27 km from Uppsala. In addition to Mälaren, there are hundreds of other lakes in direct proximity where you can seek out the best ices. When you don’t skate, you can visit churches and ruins, castles and crofters, the smallest town hall and the largest airport – they’re all part of our history and they’re all worth a visit.
Please take a walk on Stora Gatan which is Sweden’s first pedestrian street. The pedestrian street was built in 970, i.e. the same year that the city of Sigtuna was founded. Today, a thousand years later, Sigtuna is still an international meeting place. Thanks in large part to its location and proximity to the outside world via Arlanda, Sweden’s largest airport. Here begins Sweden.